by Mo Amiri November 29, 2019
I am beyond excited to announce that the first ever Emposia Reading Challenge is here!
This Holiday Season Reading Challenge follows a festive format as we attempt to read 5 books, each with a holiday-themed category. Everyone is welcome to join, even if you don't celebrate an occasion this season.
Below, you will find (i) the 5 categories and dates, (ii) a downloadable graphic to help you stay on track, (iii) a few helpful tips as we start to flip through the pages, and (iv) a few book recs to help you brainstorm what you'll read.
|Dec 1-4||A book with Snow, Christmas, Holiday or December in the title|
|Dec 5-8||A Childhood Favourite|
|Dec 9-12||A book with a Christmas tree or snow on the cover|
|Dec 13-16||A book with a red, green or white & red cover|
|Dec 17-20||Take a picture of your current read with hot cocoa, cookies, or a Christmas tree next to it (this is a photo prompt)|
|Hashtag on IG||#emposiachallenge|
Save the Holiday Season Reading Challenge graphics at the end of this post to share and keep track of your books for this challenge. You can also visit @emposiablankets to take a snapshot of them. Their size is suitable for you to add to your instagram stories.
The goals for this challenge? Get in the holiday spirit, connect with new readers/bookstagrammers, and have fun! Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind:
1. Read any book that fits each category: You don't have to read the book recs mentioned below. We tried to include more than one option for each category, so you can have a wider variety of books to choose from. Find the books that you are excited to read.
2. Read 1 book per category: You'll notice that each category falls under a range of 4 days. This means that you can read, complete, and post a pic of your book anytime within the dates set for the challenge. For example, you can choose to share your Childhood Favourite book anytime between December 5-8. This doesn't mean that you have to read 4 books, one each day. It's a simple way to help you join in on the fun even if you're super busy.
3. Read at your own pace: Don't feel pressured to complete all 5 categories. The purpose of this challenge is to have fun. So even if you get the chance to start 1 category, feel free to join in!
4. Stay connected on Instagram using #emposiachallenge: Share a picture of what you chose to read on IG. The '#emposiachallenge' is a way for us to stay connected, see who's reading the same books, and share new reads as part of this challenge.
That's all on how you can join in and stay connected on the Holiday Season Reading Challenge. The remaining part of this blog post will be dedicated to providing a few book recs for each category.
The book rec list below is chosen and written by Chelsea from @bookshelfdragon (Instagram), one of the hosts for this challenge.
1. A book with Snow, Christmas, Holiday or December in the title:
One Day in December by Josie Silver. Recommended for slow burn romance lovers.
Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Must read for all Sophie Kinsella fans.
Holiday Bound by Beth Kery. Recommended for anyone looking for a steamy romance.
Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory. It's a new release so pick it up...like today!
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Recommend for anyone who's in the mood for a classic.
2. A Childhood Favourite:
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling...obviously
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. For anyone who wants to go on an adventure.
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. All aboard!
How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. An all-time Christmas classic.
3. A book with a Christmas tree or snow on the cover:
All I Want For Christmas by Amy Silver.
The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan, for anyone who's looking for a family story.
A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan is a cute romance.
My Gift is You by Rachel Lacey.
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn. A love story every reader dreams of.
4. A book with a red, green or white & red cover:
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Heads up: you'll need tissues.
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas is for you if you like Fae men and YA Books.
Santa Baby by Jennifer Cruise is for anyone looking for some Christmas fun.
Holiday Reading Challenge Instagram Story Graphics
Holiday Reading Challenge Hosts & Cheery Reminder
The Emposia Holiday Reading Challenge is a collaboration event with Chelsea (@bookshelfdragon) and Christina (@christinachronicles). To join us for this festive challenge, all you have to do is use the hashtag "#emposiachallenge" when you post your pictures on Instagram and voilà!
Let us know what you'll be reading down below or tag us on IG! Let the holiday reading begin...
Stay Cozy & Happy Reading,
Mo, Chelsea, & Christina
Comments will be approved before showing up.
by Mo Amiri April 19, 2021
by Mo Amiri April 18, 2021
by Emposia Writing Team December 24, 2019